News

Fire inspection

Mt. Pleasant Fire Fighters and police officer Brad Gillis inspect the side of a garage behind the house at 209 N. Adams St. for the cause of a small fire that broke out Tuesday, June 5 around 4 p.m. Gillis came across smoke first and tried to put out the fire with an extinguisher before calling the fire department to quench the smoke. Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Beavers said that he doesn?t know how the fire started, but he assumed it was from a cigarette butt. There was minimal damage to the siding on the garage. Officials on scene said both 209 N. Adams and 208 N. Adams are vacant properties.